From the "News & Standard," Coulee City, WA
Oct. 14, 1979
There were 199 members and guests who signed the guest book at the Senior Center Open House Sunday, Oct 14, 1979. The building was built in 1890 and was used by the Burlington Northern Railway as a depot and freight station until 1976. The Coulee City Federated Women’s Club became aware of plans to dismantle the building and asked the railroad for permission to use it as a Senior or Community Center. It was given to the Women’s Club, who in turn gave it to the Coulee City Senior citizens provided it be moved to another site. Former resident Tom Price graciously donated land so the depot could be permanently positioned. A total of $2,500 was donated by the Coulee City Women’s Club for the move and renovation. Many others helped in various ways.