Photograph by Wade Stevenson; courtesy of the Othello Community Museum.
The 924 was a class K-1 Prairie-type 2-6-2, built by Alco in August, 1908, as the Chicago, Milwaukee & Puget Sound No. 2040. This class of steam engine was engine normally assigned to the run to Hanford. It was routinely serviced at Othello. Most cars for Hanford were billed through the station at Beverly and at one time during the construction of Hanford, the money the Milwaukee received from there was the highest for any station on Lines West.
Post a Comment