It’s quite impressive what has changed since this photo was taken on May 31, 1944. While the dam is essentially the same, most everything on the dam side of the road through town has changed. Notable is the Green Hut restaurant, just above the crossing of the railroad tracks and the highway, is now the site of the Visitor’s Center. Also note the railroad tracks bordering the water just opposite of the spillway. They were removed after the floods of May 1948, ending a popular tourist train ride.