Early 1970s promo brochure listing all the stations the Central Washington Grain Growers operated.
It has changed a wee bit since then.
Located only a few miles from the western border of Lincoln County, Almira serves as headquarters for operation of the Cooperative’s East District.
Almira is “where it all began.” Thinking cooperatively the farmers of this area started their own warehousing business by purchasing the Almira Trading Co. back in 1937 and systematically added facilities (1941-1945—1953-1955) over the years to reach the present storage capacity of 833,000 bushels. A new leg belt, cups, etc. have improved the handling capacity at this station in an effort to keep pace with the ever-increasing size of harvesting equipment.