Courtesy of the Grant County Historical Museum.
The 1902 depot in Ephrata was a marked improvement over the older shoe box sized one previously used. This one sports a train order board, to alert passing trains whether they had to stop for orders or not. There is also an oil lamp on the top of the board. Note the velocipede on the left of the depot. It was a bicycle like machine, with three wheels, to allow maintenance workers an easy way to use the tracks to get from place to place.
Post a Comment